How Much is Sales + Marketing Misalignment Costing You?
Content drives business. Buyers search for information that educates them or helps them solve a problem. In fact up to 70% of a buyer’s journey is completed before a salesperson is even aware of that prospect’s interest. This independence is changing how sales works.
Sales relies on content. And not just any content. They need strategically designed content, built and distributed to targeted prospects during buyers’ self-guided education. Unfortunately, not all organizations focus on the relationship between sales departments. It’s a costly error. Studies show failure to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies costs B2B companies 10% or more of revenue per year ($100 million for a billion-dollar company).
Sales + Marketing Alignment Business Stats
“89.1 percent of companies that aligned sales and marketing lead generation efforts reported measurable increases in the number of leads that converted to opportunities.”
- Alignment between sales and marketing can “achieve an average 32 percent annual revenue growth over the previous year compared to an average 7 percent decline for their less well-aligned competitors.” (NEED SOURCE)
- "Upwards of 80 percent of leads generated by marketing are neglected or never acted upon by a sales rep” because of lead quality and lead readiness of salespeople.
- Did you know that when you don't have a sales and marketing alignment you “ waste up to 91 percent of potential ROI on marketing investments?” Even worse? Around “50 percent of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospecting.”
- Misalignment between sales and marketing technologies and processes costs B2B companies 10% of revenue or more per year.
- Companies with good smarketing practices in place generated 208% more revenue from marketing efforts.
- When sales and marketing teams work together, companies see 36% higher customer retention and 38% higher sales win rates.
- Lost sales productivity and wasted marketing budget costs companies at least 41 trillion a year 101 - B2B marketing and sales tips from the B2b land
- B2B companies' inability to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies has cost them upwards of 10% or more of revenue per year, or $100 million for a billion-dollar company IDC
- Studies show failure to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies costs B2B companies 10% or more of revenue per year ($100 million for a billion-dollar company).
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower cost.
- Companies with strong sales and marketing alignment achieve 20% annual growth rate. Companies with poor sales and marketing alignment have a 4% revenue decline.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than, and, per dollar spent, generates approximately three times as many leads as, traditional marketing.
- 94% of customers have discontinued communication with a company because they receive irrelevant messages - Blue Research
- 65% of CMOs can’t measure the ROI of marketing activities across channels. -Columbia